Friday, August 25, 2006

My Rendezvous with Bliss!

This feels good. Warm tongues of fire caress my body, from my eyelashes to my feet and here I am lying, lazing, enjoying. When I thought it through in my mind before, it hadn’t seemed so good, now that I am here, I am really glad. It’s another world altogether, calm, cool, carefree. I think I should do this more often. Maybe I will. Now that I’m all warmed up, maybe I should close my eyes, rest them a bit. This feels so good, I could moan with delight. Ecstasy!

When I got here, I wasn’t sure I’d stay for long even though I came prepared. Bikini, beach sandals, towels, tanning lotion, sunglasses and a copy of Cosmopolitan – yes, all geared up for a long swim and some sunbathing. First I thought I’d just stroll along the beach and sit back and watch the ocean. But coming here to Half Moon Bay so early in the morning, I got the place all to myself, except for an occasional jogger.

I put my things down near a coconut shell that had finally found a resting place. I walked down the beach, undecided on whether I should take a quick swim or not. The ocean looked awfully tempting, as if it were a stage set just for me. The water was cold, so I thought I’d just take a quick dip and settle back with the magazine. Oh! I was so wrong; the water was really chilly, brrrrr!! At the least, the jolt woke me up completely.

I got out of the water almost an hour later. Wow! I hadn’t felt so fresh in weeks - the long swim in the cold beach, the warm wind blowing seaward, and the sun fully out of its covers, shining bright. After quickly drying myself, I spread out my other dry towel and quickly began to work on my tan I had been planning to get but postponing for weeks.

At some point I had fallen asleep and was woken up by a noisy growl coming from the insides of me. I smiled; I knew I had to end this blissful morning out in the sun - I was hungry. I changed back into my white T and comfy blue jeans and slipped my feet into my white sandals. I packed my stuff and as I walked back to my car I realized I was going to do this every Friday morning. The very thought of it got me smiling even harder. And with that I was on my way home to a bowl of breakfast cereal...Mmmm yummy!!

[Yes, another attempt at creative writing, though I am not sure how creative it is expressing my love for the ocean!]

4 Comments:

Blogger nijaz said...

It's good.

And I'll tell you why. There is cohesion and a nice arrangement of ideas. Sometimes you can write the greatest of lines but place it wrongly and you end up with a painting of monalisa that's a puzzle arranged wrong and doesn't have any effect.

Is Marian Keyes gonna have competition ( I have to admit I haven't read her books but I have an intuition it has the same feel good factor)?

Saturday, August 26, 2006 5:37:00 AM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Now with that I am pleased :P

Hmmm...I am hearing abt Marian Keyes for the first time now.

Saturday, August 26, 2006 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Natasha said...

I googled for Marian Keyes n it turns out that in fact I have come across that name before and I have even read one of her books, nothing too good, but nothing boring either - 'Lucy Sullivan is getting married'. I own that book, humorous, uh?

Saturday, August 26, 2006 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger mathew said...

nice narration...talking of marian keyes am reading "Anybody out there??" ..and i find the book quite interesting too..

Friday, March 16, 2007 11:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home