Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Fav Quotes

An optimist is someone who takes
the cold water thrown on his idea,
heats it with enthusiasm,
& uses the steam to push ahead!
I got it from Shruthi's handbook years ago when I'd gone to her place for combined studies. I really liked the quote & have always kept it in mind, for a lot of cold water has been thrown at me.

Never stop smiling, for you don't know
when someone will fall for your smile.
I try to be as cheerful as possible, especially when nothing around is bright. I learned the importance of a cheerful, bright face back in school (Bhavans) when friends told me quite a few times that once in their sullen mood, I smiled at them and my smile was pretty cheerful and their spirits felt better.
Apart from that I've read on many occassions that a mere smile is 'Sadaqah' meaning charity. If that's the case, why not do something so simple.

To meet and to part
is the way of life,
But to part and meet again
is the hope of life!
Gaurav (a senior) from Bhavans wrote that in my autograph. Beautiful, isn't it? I think so. Probably one of the greatest joys life can bring is when you find a long lost friend after years of parting. Now how does all this parting & meeting figure in my life at this instance? I'll tell you.

There is this website called orkut which is doing wonders. It's a site where just about every soul on earth who has internet access is a member. I found an old busmate/classmate of mine, Keerthana through orkut. Though she doesn't remember me (can't blame her, I was in that school for hardly a year), but to know friends from our past are living and doing well, and the prospect of finding more such friends, I really thank the creator of orkut. We used to be a trio - Keerthana, Parveen and myself. My hope is to find Parveen Khan, my first best friend, a very loveable person!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home