Monday, February 27, 2006

Chaos

Visited the Indian Consulate today to get my Indian drivers' license attested. Entering the premises gave me the feel of entering a typical Gulf-based Indian building, with fancy but inexpensive yet not modern looking lighting fixtures, mosaic floorings...

The moment I set foot in the attestation section, I could smell chaos and I was flooded by my memories of queueing up in our banks back in Kerala. [I am fortunate enough to say that I've only had to step in the banks and my college university offices. My good luck spared me from having to go to any other government buildings in India during my 6 year stay there.]

Back to the consulate, no indication/direction whatsoever of queueing, or for any of the attestation procedures for that matter. People entering the room, head straight to what seems to be a counter of some sort, while people waiting in the Q feel the unfairness & voice their discontent...where else but in Indian grounds do you experience this.

Waiting in that tiny room/hall considering the number of people coming in, one tends to get claustrophobic. Virtually no air circulation, partially coz of the crowd. Thank God it's not summer. It would have been a total mayhem. Having got my job done I felt relieved when finally stepping out of that chaotic mess of a place.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never been to the Indian Consulate, but I can imagine what the situation would be. It is definitely a relief that you got it done and that too in a single visit! So trying for driving license, are we?

Nitin

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home