Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Chicken soup for my soul

Songs, definitely chicken soup for my soul.

Some make me smile, some make me ponder, while others help me cry. Some of them send me blasting back to the past, others make me wonder about the future. Sometimes, they simply lull me to sleep. But I must warn, a few of them irritate me too. Some remind me of my fun days-college days; others remind me about my dear friends.

Some time at night on the 10th of Jan '06 (technically speaking, on the 11th), we (kith n kin who gathered together in Umm-Al-Quawin for Eid) all had this wonderful singing spree, a real jamming session. It was probably the first time since leaving college that I sang so much , with so much rigour n passion..aaw it was wonderful.

While in college we had this 'awesome gang of music lovers', complete with on-the-spot tabla n drums n what not.. myself, Shruthi, Prashant, Vishnu, Sankar, Ratheesh just to name a few. Those days we used to sing so much...gone are those days.

Nowadays I don't even hum a bit. So it was quite a session we had on that night, I think we covered just about every song that I knew. Thanx guys for that opportunity. In particular, Faiz for bearing with me :P n Thanju for singing my favourties :)

It really was much-needed chicken soup for my music-starved mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home