Friday, February 03, 2006

Boomerang

Sometime last year, I tried a hand at hunting. I was terribly inexperienced; ill-equipped too. But I was kind of desperate, forced to find a game immediately. Hence the trial.

With all the ammunition I had, I ventured through the edge of a thick forest. Cowardly as I was, still staying at the edge, I spotted an innocent looking creature and took a shot (felt quite guilty too).

Bang!! Guess what, I missed..it was kinda close. Was it relief or disappointment? I couldn't quite figure it out.

That was last year. It felt bad. I swore I would never do that again, never.

Ever since, I was curious about the inhabitants of the jungle. Let my guard down a tad, started walking about in the forest, wary all the time of being lost - exploring. Few days ago I came across the very same game I had once taken aim at, this time I know I can take it IF I wanted to. Talk about a bolt in the blue. The boomerang I had thrown exactly one year ago.

So do I take it or not? But I really don't want it. Since this past year, I came to realize what actually I came looking for. Its so not the creature I once had in my cross-hair. But ultimately, it is 'game', I too will cross the finish line, but is this the stuffed head I want hanging in my den? No its not. I hope it never will be. I hope I stick to my wish-list.

1 Comments:

Blogger nijaz said...

men dig control, if not other human beings, inncent animate things. But if one were to go by Charles Darwin, the strongest will survive and there is no sense of morality.

Monday, February 06, 2006 10:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home